Typhoon Haiyan, one of the most powerful storms ever recorded, entered the Philippines on November 6th and caused devastating damage throughout the region. It was so intense that it is a huge challenge for our country to recover from it.
I decided to do the following for my homeland. Please be patient with me. Here are the benefits everyone will receive for donating.
- I will be doing a personality swap of our existing resources. So it means you can have an arrogant Ralph, a shy Ralph, etc.
- I could finish my VX RTP -> VXAce Conversion faster.
- I’m doing a Let’s Play/Try livestream after the 21st.
- I will be making some sideview sprites based on Vibrato’s and Holder’s (if he give me permission) sprites. This is my personal contribution and based on the RTP. By donating to charities, that will be listed later, and I will create more sprites.
- I will be prioritizing requests from people who donated. All I need is proof which will be detailed below.
Remember that the above resources to be made are for everyone’s use, this is not a commission but an act of good will.
Here are some places that you can donate to. If you pick any of these, Paypal should be able to cover the costs and some such.
What do I need to do?
- Donate to the listed charities above.
- Send me a screenshot/receipt of your donation at my e-mail, visustella[at]gmail.com (at should be @).
- Make sure the title is, “Nessy, I donated!”
- Pick one of the things you saw in my list that you want me to do.
I will be tallying based on the most demand. For example, 15 people donated for sideview and 10 people for Personality swap. I will be doing a sideview sprite first THEN personality swaps. Based on the amount of donations, I will be updating this blog again on how many I can do and such. I will be doing this until the End of December. If I somehow got busy and couldn’t I’ll make it to the target goal, then it will move to January or something. It’s definitely a priority work.
That’s about it! Thank you very much. The people who donated first will get the resources in advance and will be made public a week later. I’m not hopeful but I wish we could reach at least $1000.
7 thoughts on “Special Resource Month”
As much as I would love to donate I honestly just organised a fundraiser to deliver bottled water to the phillipines with a school fundraiser I also donated $15, so I just wanted to know if that would help and you would accept that as a donation because we delivered about 4000 bottles to the phillipines. I honestly don’t care if this doesn’t count but if you want proof it might be up on the schools website.
Sure that’s okay! Just give me a link? Please follow the submission guide in the post, I actually accumulate the data for keepsake stuff on what resources to do :D
I’m just finishing some work that’s why I’ve been quiet, but I have a surprise for everyone soon :3
I really wish I could donate :/ I’m always broke… I hope everything turns out for the better.
I will donate at the end of the month, as soon as I get my payment :)
I’m not interested in getting the resources you said you’d make for donating ahead of time – from how your post ends, it seems like that ship has sailed anyway. Next week I’ll be donating. Just wanted to ask, how much more do you need to reach $1000?
quite a bit, but that doesn’t mean the ship has sailed! I have been preparing for a massive update :D