Made by Yami
Edited by Archeia and Fomar0153
The Press Turn Battle System (PTB) employs the Turn Icon appear in the upper right in either red (corresponding to your enemies) or blue/green (corresponding to you and your allies). For the most part, there will be the same amount of Turn Icons as there are units on each side. Generally, every action consumes one Turn Icon. When all Turn Icons are used up, the phase switches to the other side and continues until the battle has ended. The Turn Icon issued at the beginning of each phase is always a “whole” icon, but depending on the result of the action, the whole icon may turn into a “half” (blinking) icon, effectively increasing the number of actions one side can take within that phase. However, a failed result will always consume more Turn Icons.
In Digital Devil Saga series, the combo skills require two or three icons, depending on how many participants required to perform the skill. If the remaining icons do not suffice (regardless of whole and half), the combo skill is not executable.
When the effective Turn Icons exceed the size of the team due to passing, scoring critical hit, etc., the action order will rewind back to the teammate who acted first and continue until all Turn Icons deplete. In Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne and Shin Megami Tensei IV, the action order is dictated by the agility stats of all combatants of one side. In Digital Devil Saga series, player can manually arrange the order, regardless of the agility.
Some battle units may possess more than one press icon such as most bosses. In Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, most bosses and semi-bosses have two Turn Icons initially. Demi-fiend himself will be bestowed with 1 more Turn Icon by Izanagi and Izanami after finishing the Burial Chamber challenge in the Labyrinth of Amala. In Digital Devil Saga series, some late-game bosses possess even more Turn Icons. For example, Garuda and Jatayu have 3 Turn Icons; Brahman and Satan have 5; Ananta has 7; and Orochi has 8 who tops the ranking.
Many active skills which creates extra Turn Icons of that turn are mostly exclusive to enemies. In random encounter, the enemies who possess such skills usually cast it when it is fought alone.
* It is possible to set this up in the script.
> If an Attack has been repelled or absorbed. Or if the party failed to retreat
* Consumes all remaining icons and swaps to the enemy phase instantly.
> If an Attack being nullified or dodged
* Consumes two half icons;
* If both half and whole icons remain but the remaining half icon does not suffice, one half icon and one whole icon are consumed;
* Consumes two whole icons if no half icon remains.
> If an Attack which deals critical damage or exploits the target’s weakness
* Changes one whole icon to half;
* Consumes one half icon if no whole icon remains.
> Performing any action with “normal” outcome (hit/missed/resisted)
* Consumes one half icon;
* Consumes one whole icon if no half icon remains.
> Passing turn to the next ally
* Consumes one half icon;
* Changes one whole icon to half if no half icon remains.
> Using the skill “Beast Eye” or “Rage”
* Consumes one half icon to add two half icons;
* Consumes one whole icon to add two half icons if no half icon remains.
> Using the skill “Guardian’s Eye”
* Consumes one half icon to add three half icons;
* Consumes one whole icon to add three half icons if no half icon remains.
> Using the skills “Dragon Eye”, “Psycho Rage” or item “Impel Stone”
* Consumes one half icon to add four half icons;
* Consumes one whole icon to add four half icons if no half icon remains.
- There is the priority of the outcome to determine which result on Turn Icon takes place if the outcome of the attack which targets multiple targets is mixed, from high to low: repelled/absorbed > dodged/nullified > critical/weakness > normal/missed/resisted.
- Effects on Turn Icon which have multiple possibilities for one type of action result are listed in the order from high to low which indicates the priority. Except for attack which deals critical damage or exploits the target’s weakness, half icon is always consumed first.
- There is no real penalty if the remaining icon is less than the actual icons consumed in case of nullified or dodged attack. This means the player can safely use multi-target attack if any one of the opponents nullifies it but the other does not when there is only one icon remains.
- If the target is both weak/critical and resist to the attack, the weak/critical part takes place.
- Attack which has its own hit-rate (e.g. ailment or insta-death skills) and is not dodged by the target is regarded as performing action with ‘normal’ outcome and does not consume extra icon. Also “resisting” (reducing specific elemental damage) is treated as normal outcome as well.
- Mechanics Reference
Make sure to follow this script order or you can be sure that I will ignore all your script questions.
Also this is standalone, I do recommend you use it with Yanfly’s Battle System. It doesn’t really require Luna Engine.
16 thoughts on “Press Turn Battle System”
Woo-hoo! This is great! As much as I love free-turn, I’ll give this a go at some point.
Thanks Craze! I hope you’ll like it :3
This really looks good. Thanks to all who helped make this possible.
iv read over the post i know now a lil more about the game your making.
By far my favorite battle system. I’m going to assume it’s for non-commercial use.
I don’t see a script code anywhere…. so how do we input this. It’s just a white screen on your picture
press the name press turn battle system (the title)
hey there each time I try the battle this appears, with any command
Script’ PTB – Patch II’ line 89. NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method ‘magic reflection’ for #
I cannot do anything in the battle, , I’m using the Yanfly Element Reflect (If this has anything to do with anything) along with Yanfly element absorb.
What do you think the problem is?, also if I remove the patch II the same error stays, but this time in line 571.
They’re patches, they have to stay. It matters as it all depends on your script order.
which script is that Battle Status?
I’m pretty new to this kind of stuff and I’m having issues with finding the file Graphics/PTB/PartyPtb you know what I’m doing wrong?
You need to add your own PTB graphics.
Having a minor issue using this with the yanfly battle engine. Normally if I hit the back button (default X) it brings me to the fight/escape menu even if I have this default to skip, but with PTB installed this doesn’t work. Is there a way to fix this so I can still call the fight/escape menu without having to turn skip off?