First of all, have some dragons.
Credit Archeia and Caz. 100% Free to use for Commercial and Non-Commercial Games.
Secondly, for the donation, there are a few people who donated and asked for Personality Swap! I’ve been thinking on how to go on about it for a while, when someone suggested Evil RTP Heroes. I believe it was Scythuz. I’m going to update as soon as things settle down, but for now, it’s up there!
The count right now is 119 / 1000 USD
It’s not much but it’s still better than nothing!
And here’s some Luna Engine Updates! Go to the video descriptions to see all information.
Typhoon Haiyan, one of the most powerful storms ever recorded, entered the Philippines on November 6th and caused devastating damage throughout the region. It was so intense that it is a huge challenge for our country to recover from it.
I decided to do the following for my homeland. Please be patient with me. Here are the benefits everyone will receive for donating.
- I will be doing a personality swap of our existing resources. So it means you can have an arrogant Ralph, a shy Ralph, etc.
- I could finish my VX RTP -> VXAce Conversion faster.
- I’m doing a Let’s Play/Try livestream after the 21st.
- I will be making some sideview sprites based on Vibrato’s and Holder’s (if he give me permission) sprites. This is my personal contribution and based on the RTP. By donating to charities, that will be listed later, and I will create more sprites.
- I will be prioritizing requests from people who donated. All I need is proof which will be detailed below.
Remember that the above resources to be made are for everyone’s use, this is not a commission but an act of good will.
Here are some places that you can donate to. If you pick any of these, Paypal should be able to cover the costs and some such.
What do I need to do?
- Donate to the listed charities above.
- Send me a screenshot/receipt of your donation at my e-mail, visustella[at]gmail.com (at should be @).
- Make sure the title is, “Nessy, I donated!”
- Pick one of the things you saw in my list that you want me to do.
I will be tallying based on the most demand. For example, 15 people donated for sideview and 10 people for Personality swap. I will be doing a sideview sprite first THEN personality swaps. Based on the amount of donations, I will be updating this blog again on how many I can do and such. I will be doing this until the End of December. If I somehow got busy and couldn’t I’ll make it to the target goal, then it will move to January or something. It’s definitely a priority work.
That’s about it! Thank you very much. The people who donated first will get the resources in advance and will be made public a week later. I’m not hopeful but I wish we could reach at least $1000.
No, we’re not done with Luna Engine. There’s still tons of things to do and I have work deadlines. Instead have some art where I totally wasted time because I wanted to have an outlet and I’m tired of doing correct anatomy and some such -w-)
The first one is from RMW where someone requested a Green Brenda. Unfortunately, I totally confused their avatars and couldn’t read so I ended up making one that wasn’t necessary. But hey, someone here might find it useful.
Someone requested this in RMN. So I thought, oh hey, why not. Luckily he also direct linked on the image, so I managed to find out who made it. The character is originally from Soramani Kagome Kagome and enjoy the faceset+portraits. This is the rar file including a bonus PSD =w=)b
If you guys haven’t really been in RMW and checking out the ReStaff releases, I’m uploading them here now. With some add-ons. XD
and I guess I have to make a new page for Icons. Organizing this blog gives me too many problems, lol.
I had a talk with the very lovely people, Neon Black and Fomar0153. Both of them agreed to make their scripts compatible with Luna Engine. We’re still on heavy beta testing phase as well as being bombarded with so much work. BUT, here’s a GREAAATT present from the awesome Neon Black.
As far as I know, There is a CTB and ATB by Neon Black and Fomar has an ATB.
and that’s my news for the day.
A collaboration with the lovely Scinaya~
She made the sketches and I lineart and colored. To get them, go to their respective character pages. :)
It’s been a while but since Luna Engine is nearing completion (I say this because we might be missing stuffs) and we do need testers that are dedicated. IF you guys are interested, here are the requirements:
- You need to have Skype.
- You need dropbox, if not, please use my link over here so both of us can get free space.
- You need to have a GUI Mockup to show me that you want to do in Luna Engine. This will be the thing you create in Luna Engine. No, it doesn’t have to be for public. This engine is made specifically for customization. We need to know what we’re lacking to accommodate your needs.
- You must at least know how RMVXAce works by default. E.G. If you are using the default settings, you KNOW that actors won’t have skills right at the beginning and they need to reach a certain level. That’s not a bug.
- You need a lot of free time. I mean it. You should be around and report to me all the issues you encounter and/or if you get stuck. You need to have patience to read the comments.
- If you disappear for 3 days I’m cutting you off. You need to tell me in advance if you need to be gone. If it’s a week, then I probably would have to axe you off. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but since we’re crunching on testing Luna Engine for September release. It’s necessary that the testers are active.
- You need to be using Yami/Yanfly/Kread scripts. No other scripts. Period.
As of now, we can’t make everything compatible with the other scripts. Mostly if they’re tinkering with the graphical stuff. But some technical scripts could be affected too. So far, we haven’t tested Tsukihime/Galv/Mr. Bubble/Molegato but we know most of Victor‘s scripts wouldn’t work.
As much as we want to make all dem scripts compatible, that requires A LOT of time. I might talk to some scripters if they could make their scripts compatible with Luna. Neonblack and Fomar already agreed. So far I’ve seen their stuff works properly and has no issues on the getgo.
If you are still interested, please comment in here and put the email address in your profile, (Like when you leave a comment, pretty sure that’s a requirement) and we can discuss further details. :)
Gather, my children, as I tell you a tale. Once upon a time there was a small community of like-minded people who enjoyed playing with a little engine which allowed them to build and craft games like those of their youth. The small community was awed at the program, but saddened by the lack of graphics available. Indeed, they could only make medieval games and were sorely vexed, for some wished to make predictive games of the future.
The staff of the community gathered and discussed the lack of extra graphics, and lo it was decided that they might make more! So one young lass who was blessed with great talent took to her computer – crafting, sketching and wresting into being a gorgeous set of graphics that, while quite unique, still fit with the colours and feel of the older graphics.
So it was that after a time the staff of the community held up these graphics and asked that a small token be exchanged in order to use them – as it had taken much sweat, blood, tears and effort to create them and reimbursing the young lady was quite the right and proper thing to do, after all.
Thus the community rejoiced and did purchase the wonderful graphics, enjoying their beauty and ease of use. And the community grew. New faces came to them, lured in by the promise of sweet nostalgia’s kiss and desiring to create their own games. However, not all was well.
For unknown to much of the community there came disaster in the form of thieves. Bandits who pilfered the lovely gifts that the young lady – and others – had lovingly crafted.These thieves were wily, taking those pretty graphics and sharing them with others of their kind, giving them out as their own, claiming them and distributing them freely.The poor young lass was distraught. Someone had claimed her hard work as her own, but more than that! The money she used to pay her bills was being cut, due to the easy access of the resources to the public. Saddened but resigned, she carried on.
Instances of these thefts and shares were found and stopped, when they could be, but more often than not, not much could be done. And how do you think this young lady felt?Disheartened? Lackluster? Upset? Enthusiasm drowned? All these things, perhaps. When you take stuff that isn’t yours, especially when it’s small resource packs that don’t cost that much to get, you should feel like the lowest scum. Just because something is labelled as under a company, doesn’t mean that the creator of that work gets paid in full for it. In this case the money that comes to the artist is from the direct sales. It’s not a commissioned, one-time payment. It’s a dribble of money that comes in small amounts over time.
And by sharing around those resources, you are fucking over the person who made them, basically telling them that you don’t respect their hard work and that you don’t want them to make any more. When you steal product like this you’re not just screwing over that creator, but the whole community. You want resources that are different, but don’t want to pay the (rather small, compared to commissioning your own) price? Then re-evaluate your position. Time to get real! When you purchase a resource pack keep this in mind:
- You can reuse those resources over and over again without having to repay for them
- You have the license upon purchase that allows you to actually use them in a commercial game (as long as it’s on the engine they were created for) – this means you don’t have to pay extra for a license which you would have to do otherwise
- You’re helping to pay for future packs, not just the ones you bought!
- The money goes to the actual artists of the packs, not the corporation.
- They don’t cost that fucking much! You have trouble finding the money? Mow a few lawns, help clean the house, do a few odd jobs around the neighbourhood. There’s always ways to make money if you look and $5-20 isn’t that large an amount for something that you can use over and over again.
So, to those thieves who steal from any artist – but especially those who take and claim as their own or share them with other thieves on sites disreputable – you are the worst kind of art criminal!t l;dr? Assholes like the above steal from hard-working content creators who get paid by the money that comes from the sales of the works in question. And I (and others) are getting fucking sick of seeing it! Have any questions? Feel free to ask.