I’ve been seeing a lot of request and asks for this. So you want to make your game use the bust shots like these?
I’m actually disappointed people think it’s made via scripts! No guys, it’s just a simple variable, show picture, move picture, erase picture and conditional branch manipulation. This is where your eventing knowledge comes in! But since we don’t want to give you guys that much of a hard time, Rhyme kindly made a script so we don’t have to do it the tedious way. But you still have to set it up.
- First of all, name your filenames accordingly. For example, ErikAngry/Erik-Angry/Erik(Angry) anything goes. The script has tons of example on how I set up the emotions.
- Make a common event, “Who is speaking?” this is how it will look like (Click on the images for full version):
- After that, inside the Erik Emotions Common Event, Use Show Picture and set the coordinates. I recommend making the coordinates variable based. But in this one, I accidentally already inputted a consistent coordinate for all the bust shots. Oops. But here’s what I did.
- Then make a common event that erases them. Seriously people, dispose your pictures to avoid lag even if it’s opacity 0, blank name or whatever!
- And here’s how you call it into the game WITHOUT the script:
- If you want to use the script: